Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by a variety of materials, many of which resemble natural timber in their characteristics. The top place among this chic variety is taken by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of abundant selection of textures and colours, such flooring look spectacular and stylish, and fit with almost any style of room layout.
Benefits and disadvantages
The massive demand for flooring tiles beneath laminate is explained not just by their own presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it’s often used as the primary component for decorating floors.
Among the favorable properties of the material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coat does not wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- safety in application. The planks are resistant to elevated temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products are not terrified of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The material is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable spot for the formation of fungus and mold;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are Acceptable for the machine”warm floor”, as they consist of clay, which in elevated temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles are not inferior to floors made of pure stone or wood.
However ideal this substance is, it is not devoid of downsides.
The primary disadvantages of artificial laminate can include:
- The high cost. The product, that can last over a dozen years is expensive, but in performance, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low prices of sound insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first version of the coat is obtained https://1popechi.ru/ from the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
As for porcelain stoneware, it’s produced from special varieties of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. The result is a lasting and beautiful ending substance.
The two kinds of boards just replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but occasionally square ones are available.